Men’s health can be affected by numerous factors from the lifestyle choices and harmful habits to the lack of physical activity and poor nutrition. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a common condition that affects the lives of men, but it can be treated quite successfully with the help of natural remedies. If you are interested in finding out more about this condition and how it can be treated, continue reading.
What is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia?
The term benign prostatic hyperplasia refers to the condition characterized by the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostate gland is located close to the urethra and the way the increase in prostate affects the body is by squeezing the urethra or partially blocking it, thus causing a man to experience problems during urination. As a result, the bladder may get weaker to the point that it cannot be completely emptied when urinating.
BPH is a problem that can develop in men of all ages, but it is especially common in older men with more than 50% of men between the ages of 50 and 65 experiencing certain symptoms associated with this health issue. As men get older, the percentage increases. It should be mentioned that BPH is not cancer, but it is still a condition that should be treated, as its symptoms can be extremely unpleasant and affect a person’s life.
When it comes to the causes of benign prostatic hyperplasia, it is a part of the male aging process, as prostate continues to grow over the years. It is not completely clear which factors contribute to the growth of the prostate gland, but it is most likely connected to the changes in the levels of sex hormones.
What are the common signs of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia?
It’s important to pay attention to any changes in your body so that you can take measures early on and make sure that your problem doesn’t get out of control and becomes more difficult to treat. It should be noted that the signs of BPH can vary in their severity from one man to another, so even if your symptoms are quite mild, it is still a good idea to consult a medical specialist as soon as possible.
Common symptoms of BPH include:
- The need to urinate frequently and urgently
- Troubles starting to urinate
- Dribbling after urination
- Increased frequency of nighttime urination
- The stream of urine gets weak and may stop and start in the process
- The inability to empty the bladder completely in one go
It should be noted that there is no direct correlation between the size of the enlarged prostate and severity of the symptoms. It means that some males get severe BPH signs with a slight increase in the prostate gland size while others can have very enlarged prostates and only mild problems while urinating.
Erectile Dysfunction and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: Is There a Connection?
A lot of men that get diagnosed with benign prostate hyperplasia are worried how this condition may affect their ability to have normal erections. Both BPH and erectile dysfunction are health issues that become common as men get older, which is why numerous men suffer from both of these problems at the same time. But, is there a connection and can BPH increase the risk of having erectile dysfunction?
According to the studies, the symptoms that usually accompany an enlarged prostate can be linked to the increased occurrences of ED in men. In addition to that, some of the treatments prescribed to treat BPH can lead to the development of erectile problems. Medical researchers are still unsure how exactly BPH can increase the chances of erectile dysfunction, but there is a theory that numerous medical specialists support. The studies show that the sympathetic nervous system is hyperactive in males diagnosed with BPH, increasing the chances of developing the symptoms related to stress. In turn, it is possible that this can affect the ability to achieve erections, as it’s quite a complicated process.
When it comes to the influence of the enlarged prostate treatments on erectile dysfunction, there are some medications that can potentially increase the probability of getting erectile problems. One of the groups of drugs used for the treatment of BPH includes 5-alpha reductase inhibitors. The nature of these drugs is that they have to be consumed for several months to notice any improvement. According to the research, the most common adverse reaction to these medications is erectile dysfunction, but it may take quite a long time to develop the symptoms. Also, anticholinergics, which are taken by men with BPH to avoid the unnecessary contraction of the bladder, can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction.
Natural Treatments for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Before resorting to medications, a lot of people prefer to try natural remedies, which may turn out to be just as effective as the chemical options. There are some supplements that can be used in the treatment of BPH, but still more studies are required to prove their effectiveness, as some men get the needed results while others don’t. Also, it’s important that you are aware of the possible contraindications before taking any of them. While the natural treatments are generally considered safe, you should still consult a medical professional before giving them a try.
Some of the most widely recommended and used natural treatments to treat the problem are:
Beta-sitosterol is a natural remedy used to promote prostate health and it includes a mixture derived from different plants that feature the substance referred to as sitosterol. Beta-sitosterol positively influences urinary tract health, reduces the symptoms of BPH, and also makes the flow of urine stronger, as it often gets weak in patients with enlarged prostates.
- Saw palmetto
The herb has been implemented in the treatment of urinary symptoms for a long time. According to several studies, saw palmetto can be used in men to relieve the signs associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia. What is great about the herbal remedy is that it doesn’t lead to any severe side effects apart from the possible individual sensitivity.
- Stinging nettle
Stinging nettle is another excellent plant to take into consideration when looking for natural ways to treat an enlarged prostate. It is generally used with other remedies, such as the previously mentioned saw palmetto to get better results. The root of the nettle plant has a lot of health benefits and is effective at treating mild to moderate symptoms of BPH.
Urinary problems have been treated using natural methods for centuries and pygeum is among the widely used treatments. Pygeum is the remedy made from the bark of the plum tree and its benefits include the reduction in the frequency of urination. When it comes to its safety, the side effects are unlikely but it can cause upset stomach in some.
- Rye grass pollen extract
The studies show that men consuming rye grass pollen extract experience the improvement of their BPH symptoms, which is why it’s definitely a treatment that should be mentioned. The extract is made using three grass pollen types, such as corn, timothy, and rye. The natural remedy works by helping men empty their bladders completely and also preventing the need to urinate at night, which is extremely common in those with BPH.
In addition to the natural treatments, it is necessary to make some lifestyle changes to achieve the best results:
- Eat more fruit and vegetables. It may seem like an obvious recommendation, but it’s something that is ignored by numerous men. Vegetables and fruit are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, thus playing an important role in the reduction of inflammation in the body.
- Choose plant protein. According to the studies, consuming plant protein on a regular basis decreases the risk of prostate problems. Soy isoflavones that can be found in lentils and beans are excellent at supporting prostate health and should definitely be included in your diet if you suffer from BPH.
- Maintain a healthy weight. There are numerous health issues that can develop as a result of being overweight, including BPH and erectile dysfunction. Those men who have excessive weight around their waists and in the hip area are especially prone to having prostate problems.
- Don’t forget to exercise. Similarly to many other health problems, the lack of physical activity can increase the chances of developing BPH. It’s important to exercise at least 3-4 times a week to avoid the problems with prostate health or prevent its further enlargement.
- Keep your hormones in check. The reduction in the levels of male hormones that occurs as a man gets older is considered the main causes for the development of BPH. For this reason, it’s essential to check your hormone levels regularly and consider hormone restoration treatments when necessary.
- Avoid caffeine and spicy foods. Those that already experience BPH signs should know that spicy and salty foods can worsen the symptoms. It is also recommended to reduce caffeine intake (coffee, chocolate, tea) because it leads to the irritation of the prostate gland.
- Don’t drink alcohol excessively. While occasional consumption of moderate amounts of alcohol should not be detrimental to the prostate health, heavy drinking should definitely be avoided as it’s can increase the chances of developing ED and also irritate the prostate.
- Check your blood sugar levels. Diabetes is among the health issues that contribute to the development of BPH. In such a way, it’s essential that you keep your blood sugar levels under control and check them regularly if you already have diabetes or are at risk of developing it.
- Quit smoking. This habit does nothing beneficial for your prostate health and can actually be quite aggravating, so it is best to avoid smoking.
- Learn to manage stress effectively. The majority of people these days know that stress is one of the main causes of numerous health problems. Continuous exposure to stress can lead to the hormonal changes and worsen your BPH symptoms. It’s important to get enough sleep, exercise, eat well, and learn various techniques for the reduction of stress.
There is no doubt that the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia requires a complex approach. When using natural remedies the best results can be achieved if you combine them with the mentioned changes in your life.
Buy BPH Drugs in Canadian Health&Care Mall Rx
While natural supplements and lifestyle changes can have an amazing influence on your overall health, in some cases, they are not enough to provide the sufficient treatment for those having enlarged prostates. Luckily, there is no shortage of modern BPH medications that you can buy and get great results. One thing that should be mentioned is that you have to consult a medical specialist and undergo the corresponding examination to determine which treatment will be right for you.
These days one of the easiest ways to buy medications is undoubtedly online. There exist numerous online pharmaceutical services that offer drugs for a wide range of purposes, including the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. It should be mentioned that when buying medication online one should be especially careful as it’s easy to stumble upon an unreliable provider and purchase low-quality drugs or even complete fakes. For this reason, you should buy your medications only from the online sources with positive reviews and those that have been around for a long time. One of such trustworthy online pharmacies is Canadian Health&Care Mall Rx (canadianhealthcaremallrx.com).
Some of the advantages of buying drugs provided by Canadian Health&Care Mall Rx include:
- High-quality generic drugs that are affordable, safe, and effective
- Fast delivery to the chosen destination
- A large selection of medications available at any moment
- Discounts and bonuses for both loyal customers and those who are new to the service
- Anonymity and security of your personal information
Thanks to the mentioned factors, the online shopping experience becomes extremely pleasant, as you don’t need to waste your time going to the store and you can get everything delivered to you as soon as possible. The wide selection of BPH medications at affordable prices allows men to get the drugs or supplements that they need and start their treatment without hesitation.