Erectile Dysfunction in Short Terms
Impotency (inability to achieve or preserve erection) is usually a temporary phenomenon. Almost all men have ever suffered erectile dysfunction connected with inability to achieve or keep penis in erected state. This is usually a temporary phenomenon caused by alcohol misuse or scare of possible failure. However, for some men, impotency or erectile dysfunction (ED) is a permanent chronic illness caused by fear, stress and lack of self-confidence and displeasure. How does erection occur? Under the influence of a whole combination of factors, there is an increase in blood flow and temporary delay in special penile vessels. It is generally believed that impotency is mainly a psychological problem associated with stress, anxiety and other psychological issues. However, modern research has shown that about half of the cases of erectile dysfunction are connected with physiological causes, most of which are successfully treated.
For medical reasons, impotency can include:
- Complications of diabetes;
- Reduction of blood circulation in small diameter vessels (medical name – “microcirculation disorders”);
- Nerves damage;
- Hormonal problems, such as lack of testosterone;
- Excessive use cigarettes and alcohol;
- Liver and kidney failure;
- Administration of certain medications: sedatives, tranquilizers, diuretics and antihypertensive drugs.
Impotency can appear after operations on bladder, prostatic gland, lower intestine and spine. For psychological reasons, it refers to recent stress or changes in lifestyle. However, it is proved that erectile dysfunction occurs because of them is only 15% of cases. Moreover, psychological cause of impotency has generally a physiological basis.
What Is the Difference between Impotency and Erectile Dysfunction?
Sexual failures in men have a popular name – impotency. But it’s a bit wrong. Impotency is a condition in which a man is not able to have sex at all. This disease affects a small number of patients. Much more common is erectile dysfunction, where there are periodic or accidental sexual issues.
The occurrence of erectile dysfunction is caused by a variety of diseases: alcohol use, diabetes, mental stress, smoking, hypertension and others. Erectile dysfunction refers to one of the most common sexual disorders in a man.
You can prevent this disorder in the following ways:
- Physicians recommend eating properly and regularly, as well as exercising and taking care of one’s health.
- Do not use drugs at all. Refuse smoking and drinking alcohol, or do it moderately.
- Have sex regularly.
- Drugs for strengthening erection should be taken only after acquaintance with the instructions, or on doctor’s prescription.
- In the event of injury in the groin or pelvic area, inform a doctor immediately.
Every man should know about the products that enhance erection. They include: dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, vegetable soups, potatoes baked in oven, wheat bread, greens, legumes, nuts, cabbage, carrots, pumpkin, dates, liver, oysters, bananas, chocolate, caviar. Vitamins A, D, E, K are recognized as those that increase potency. All medications for erection give the maximum benefit if combined with correct regimen.
What Can a Doctor Do?
Whatever the reason, most men suffering from erectile dysfunction can be helped. Consultations are helpful for patients with psychological problems. Medical and surgical intervention or certain drugs can help in solving lots of problems. Only a physician is able to determine the cause of impotency and recommend a suitable treatment. It is necessary to know that modern medicine offers different methods for solving such delicate problems.
Development of such medications as sildenafil (Viagra, Kamagra), tadalafil (Cialis) and vardenafil (Levitra) significantly changed lives of many couples. These drugs increase the influx and contribute to the retention of blood in penis. They are really effective, but patients who have cardiovascular diseases should use them with caution. Men who administer nitrates must not resort to the afore-mentioned drugs.
Hormonal injections directly into the penis area are also effective, and men can learn to do them themselves. In cases that are not treatable, pen-like devices are surgically introduced into penis, allowing its owner to literally turn on and off the erection at will. Many men are embarrassed to contact a doctor about impotency. Having picked up the courage and talked about the problem with the doctor, they have all chances of improvement or return of their full sexual life.
Erection refers to a factor that reflects the state of mental and physical male health. Each case of erectile dysfunction is experienced to varying degrees by every man individually. The causes of such impairments are stress, various diseases, issues with a partner, troubles at work and many others. Many drugs for impotency help with solving erectile problems. The most popular of them are available at any corner of the world. Erectile dysfunction appears in a healthy man as a result of consuming a large portion of alcohol, some narcotic drugs and medications, and can arise simply from nervous tension or fatigue.
Some men hold the erroneous opinion that erection can either be fully-realized, or completely absent and that there is no intermediate link between these conditions. But this is not the case. A man can perform sexual intercourse even if his erection is weak. He can experience orgasm during sex with insufficiently firm penis. In case erection is absent as a result of drinking alcohol, there is nothing to worry about, because alcohol in some people inhibits erection, while in others, on the contrary, it increases sex drive.
Is It Possible to Boost Erection with Psychological Means?
In order to increase patient’s libido psychologically, special attention should be paid to psychological state of a man. The main reason for the lack of erection is stress. Therefore, a partner needs to gradually improve man’s psychological state: to help him solve difficult situations, distract from bad thoughts, etc.
Other Means for Making It Work
It is possible to increase erection with the help of the following methods:
- Physical activity is quite necessary to improve erection. During daily routine, it is essential to go for a stroll at a rapid pace, since movement prevents from stagnation of blood in pelvic area. Doctors recommend making up to 3 km a day.
- Morning sex is good for strengthening erection. It is morning time when body produces the greatest number of sexual hormones, so erection is the strongest at this time.
- Walking barefoot. A foot contains a large number of nerve endings, which are responsible for sexual arousal. Stimulation of these endings is achieved by barefoot walks. This exercise should be done at home; it is recommended to massage feet with light movements.
- Regular contrast shower is good for blood circulation. A man needs to shower the area of pelvis in circular motions with cool and warm water. This will lead to increased blood flow to penis and excellent blood circulation in genitals and provide a stable erection.
- Perhaps the most useful remedy for erection is regular sex. In this case, a body reacts reflexively to stimulation. A man will be more easily excited over and over.
The physical causes of erectile dysfunction are associated with medical problems. There are various diseases that adversely affect erection. Such diseases, including brain or spinal cord damages, nerve endings’ injuries, are responsible for the process of sexual drive, circulatory disorders, prostatic diseases, diabetes, etc. This is an incomplete list of diseases due to which erection weakens. In this case, treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a doctor.
How Can I Prolong Erection?
Rapid ejaculation is a hindrance to getting a man satisfaction from sex. A patient can prolong erection with the help of the following exercises for potency strengthening. They are the simplest and safest among all other methods. It should be remembered that perfect flawless erection does not come immediately, it will take a certain amount of time.
The methods are as follows:
- Inhalation. The onset of early ejaculation is often affected by stress. A deep chestful breath helps to come out of many complex emotional situations, for instance, during sex. The negative side of the method is impossibility of some men to prolong erection on the first try, this will require certain skills.
- Penis squeezing. To do this, a man needs to squeeze his sexual organ slightly at the moment of sensation orgasm onset and do it again until this feeling recedes. This method prolongs erection and gives a lot of pleasure, because the sensation of orgasm beginning occurs a number of times during sexual intercourse.
- Pulling testicles. The method is applied at the very last moment before the onset of orgasm. At this time, the testicles are tightened and if they are pulled down, erection will last longer and delay orgasm.
- The change of positions also prolongs sexual intercourse, as a man spends a certain amount of time doing that and gets briefly distracted.
- Retraction. This is a difficult way which becomes effective as a result of some preparation. This way requires trained muscles, which are located in the space between coccyx and the pubis. To delay ejaculation, it is necessary to empty urinary bladder and alternately strain and relax these muscles. In order to use this method successfully, a man will need to train the muscles daily.
- A slight physical effect on the part of a woman also helps to prolong sexual intercourse, a bite, for example. This impact should not be affectionate, but effective and strong, and at the same time not overly painful.
- Another way to prolong erection implies thoughts of something sexually shocking. For each man thoughts are individual – one can imagine that he is in bed with some familiar, for example. It should distract a person from sex and prolong erection for some time.
- Condom helps to prolong sexual intercourse.
Medicines for Erectile Dysfunction Therapy
Nowadays, treatment of erectile dysfunction is conducted with the help of various medications. The main reason for a weak erection is lack of blood flow to genitals. Drugs for erectile dysfunction renew qualitative circulation in cavernous bodies of penis and enhance the erection. These drugs do not harm male reproductive system, and their effect occurs only along with sexual arousal.
Drugs for the treatment of erectile dysfunction are divided into several types:
- Bioactive additives for eating. They are harmless, but ineffective.
- Group of PDE5 inhibitors. It is Sildenafil (Viagra) (pills for the restoration of erection), Tadalafil (Cialis) (a drug for the treatment of erectile dysfunction) and Vardenafil (Levitra), used to stimulate the erection. These drugs perform similar functions, but at the same time, there are assignments for their use by certain individuals.
- Special vitamins, designed to stimulate the erection.
- Folk remedies for increasing potency.
Erectile dysfunction articles by Canadian Health&Care Mall:
- Canadian Health&Care Mall Investigates Erectile Dysfunction Links to Heart Disease
- Dangers of Untreated Erectile Dysfunction